Chapel of Marraxón

Chapel of Marraxón

Chapel in honour of the Virgin of the Remedies, with a calvary with colours.
Its present-day location dates from 1901, when an old chapel in dilapidated state was moved from Marraxón de Abaixo. The primitive chapel dated back to the beginning of the 18th century.

The existing temple has only one rectangular nave with a small bell gable over the main gate, finished with pinnacles and with a bell and an iron cross on the top. Next to the gate there is a small urn with a statue of Our Lady of the Remedies, dedication of the church.

It is quite remarkable a calvary in front of the main entrance, since it is the only example that keeps its colours in the whole council.